The protection of your personal data is important to us
We strictly follow the provisions of the applicable data protection laws, particularly the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) and the German Federal Protection Act (BDSG), as well as this data protection declaration. We only process our users’ personal data insofar as this is necessary for the provision of a functioning website as well as our content, services, offers, etc.
Personal data refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The data protection declaration provides an overview of which personal data are processed and for what purposes: Furthermore, this data protection declaration describes how we ensure the security of your personal data.
1. Controller name and contact information
The data protection information applies to data processed by:
ETI experts GmbH
Amsterdamer Straße 133 b
50735 Cologne, Germany
Phone: +49 221 285401-0
Fax: +49 221 285401-70
2. Data protection officer contact information
Phone: +49 (0)221 474540
Fax: +49 (0)221 47454240
3. Collection and storage of personal data; type and purpose of use
a) When accessing our website
You can access our website www.eti-experts.de without having to share personal data (who you are).
When using our website for informational purposes only, i.e. without registering or otherwise transmitting information to us, we only collect the personal data transmitted to our server by your browser. When our website www.eti-experts.de is accessed, the browser used on your device automatically transmits information to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without intervention from you and stored until automatically erased:
- IP address of the enquiring computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file retrieved,
- Website initiating the access (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, where applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider, language, and browser version software
The data specified are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring convenient use of our website,
- Analysing system security and stability, as well as
- for additional administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) EU-GDPR. Our legitimate interest arises from the above purposes of data collection. The data collected will never be used to draw conclusions about you.
b) When using our contact form
We provide a contact form on our website that enables you to submit questions, remarks, comments, etc. Using the form requires you to provide your email address and name to let us know who to respond to; any other information is disclosed voluntarily.
The legal basis for data processing is your voluntarily consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) EU-GDPR).
Personal data collected for use in the contact form are deleted after processing your enquiry.
4. Transmission of data to third parties
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those specified below. Your personal data are especially not transferred to third-parties without your explicit consent, e.g. for advertising purposes.
We only share your personal data with third parties, if:
- We have your explicit consent according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) EU-GDPR;
- it is lawful and necessary for the performance of our contract according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) EU-GDPR, e.g. transfers to banks for handling contractually agreed payments, to logistics and shipping companies for purposes of transporting goods including tracking, for non-fulfillment of contractually agreed-upon payments for purposes of law enforcement to lawyers and legal services companies;
- in the event there is a statutory obligation for the transfer in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c) EU-GDPR; and
- the transfer is necessary to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) of the EU-GDPR and there is no reason to assume you have an overriding legitimate interest in not transferring your data.
Information related to the specific device used is saved to the cookie. However, this does not mean it provides us with direct knowledge concerning your identity.
One purpose of the cookies is to make our website easier for you to use. We use so-called session cookies to recognise that you have already visited individual pages on our website. These are automatically erased after leaving our website.
To optimise the user-friendliness of our website we also use temporary cookies, which are saved to your device for a specific period. If you revisit our website to use our services, the website will automatically recognise that you are a repeat visitor, as well as your input and settings, preventing you from having to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes specified and to protect our legitimate interests and those of others in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) EU-GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser to prevent cookies from being saved to your computer or to always be notified before a new cookie is added. However, blocking all cookies may prevent you from using all functions of our website.
Cookie Consent with Usercentrics
Our website uses the Usercentrics cookie consent technology to obtain your consent to the storage of certain cookies on your device and data protection legislation compliant documentation of the former. The party offering this technology is Usercentrics GmbH, Rosental 4, 80331 München, Germany, website: https://usercentrics.com/ (hereinafter referred to as “Usercentrics”).
Whenever you visit our website, the following personal data will be transferred to Usercentrics:
- Your declaration(s) of consent or your revocation of your declaration(s) of consent
- Your IP address
- Information about your browser
- Information about your device
- The date and time you visited our website
Moreover, Usercentrics shall store a cookie in your browser to be able to allocate your declaration(s) of consent or any revocations of the former. The data that are recorded in this manner shall be stored until you ask us to eradicate them, delete the Usercentrics cookie or until the purpose for archiving the data no longer exists. This shall be without prejudice to any mandatory legal retention periods.
Contract data processing agreement
Our company has executed a Contract Data Processing Agreement with Usercentrics. This is an Agreement mandated by data privacy protection legislation that warrants that Usercentrics processes all personal data of our website visitors exclusively in compliance with our instructions and in compliance with the GDPR.
6. Analysis tools and advertising
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider of this service is Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google Analytics uses so-called cookies. Cookies are text files, which are stored on your computer and that enable an analysis of the use of the website by users. The information generated by cookies on your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the United States, where it is stored.
The storage of Google Analytics cookies and the utilization of this analysis tool are based on Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR. The operator of this website has a legitimate interest in the analysis of user patterns to optimize both, the services offered online and the operator’s advertising activities. If a corresponding agreement has been requested (e.g. an agreement to the storage of cookies), the processing takes place exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR; the agreement can be revoked at any time.
On this website, we have activated the IP anonymization function. As a result, your IP address will be abbreviated by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other states that have ratified the Convention on the European Economic Area prior to its transmission to the United States. The full IP address will be transmitted to one of Google’s servers in the United States and abbreviated there only in exceptional cases. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google shall use this information to analyse your use of this website to generate reports on website activities and to render other services to the operator of this website that are related to the use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted in conjunction with Google Analytics from your browser shall not be merged with other data in Google’s possession.
You do have the option to prevent the archiving of cookies by making pertinent changes to the settings of your browser software. However, we have to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website to their fullest extent. Moreover, you have the option prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie and affiliated with your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
For more information about the handling of user data by Google Analytics, please consult Google’s Data Privacy Declaration at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
Contract data processing
We have executed a contract data processing agreement with Google and are implementing the stringent provisions of the German data protection agencies to the fullest when using Google Analytics.
Data on the user or incident level stored by Google linked to cookies, user IDs or advertising IDs (e.g. DoubleClick cookies, Android advertising ID) will be anonymized or deleted after 14 month. For details please click the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/7667196?hl=en
7. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- according to Art. 7 Para. 3 of the EU-GDPR, you can revoke your previously given consent at any time. As a result, we will no longer be able to process data based on this consent in the future. However, the legitimacy of the processing conducted based on the consent until your withdrawal is unaffected;
- according to Article 15 of the EU-GDPR, you can request information about your personal data processed by us. For this, you can request information regarding the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data will be or has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, limitation of processing or revocation, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, provided it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of an automated-decision making process including profiling and potentially meaningful information in regard to their details;
- according to Article 16 of the EU-GDPR, you can request the immediate rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- according to Article 17 of the EU-GDPR, you can request the erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless processing is required to exercise the right of free expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- according to Article 18 of the EU-GDPR, you can request the restriction of processing of your personal data, provided you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, however, you object to the erasure of said data and we no longer require the data but you require it to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR;
- according to Article 20 of the EU-GDPR, you can request to obtain the data you provided to us in a structured, prevalent, and machine-readable format or to have it transferred to another controller;
- according to Article 77 of the EU-GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The responsible supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commissioner for the federal state in which the company headquarters are located. An overview of Data Protection Commissioners and their contact information can be found at https://www.bfdi.bund.de/.
8. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on legitimate interest based on Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) EU-GDPR, you have the right according to Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation. In the event of a legitimate objection, we examine the situation and either cease or adjust data processing, or provide you with obligatory rights to be protected due to which we continue processing.
To exercise your right to withdraw consent or to object, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Data security
We take suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technological developments.
Further, we use SSL or TLS encryption (SSL = Secure Sockets Layer; TLS = Transport Layer Security; SSL is the previous descriptor of TLS) for your website access. You can see that individual pages of our website are encrypted if the address bar of the browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and by the closed padlock icon in the address bar of the browser. If SSL or TLS encryption is enabled, third parties cannot gain unauthorised access to the data you transmit to us.
10. Version and changes to this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration was last revised in November 2018.
Due to technical developments and/or changes in legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to make changes to this data protection declaration. You will know whether changes are made, if the “date” of the document in the first sentence of paragraph 10 has been updated.
You can access and print the latest version of the data protection declaration on our website at www.eti-experts.de/en/data-protection.
11. External hosting
This website is hosted by an external service provider (hoster). The personal data collected on this website is stored on the hoster’s servers. This may include, but is not limited to, IP addresses, contact requests, meta and communication data, contractual data, contact details, names, website accesses and other data generated via a website. The hoster is used for the purpose of fulfilling the contract with our potential and existing customers (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO) and in the interest of a secure, fast and efficient provision of our online offer by a professional provider (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO). Our hoster will only process your data insofar as this is necessary for the fulfilment of its service obligations and follow our instructions with regard to this data. We use the following hoster:
- RAIDBOXES GmbH
DE – 48153 Münster
- Hetzner Online GmbH
DE – 91710 Gunzenhausen
To ensure data protection-compliant processing, we have concluded an order processing contract with our hoster.